Black mold is a toxic substance that is found in damp areas of your house. It is labeled as "toxic", because it can immensely cause health hazards. It can contaminate and begin to cultivate in particular house areas, where there is constant dampening.
Such mold must be removed initially because as the time passes by, its removal becomes a hectic task. It is highly recommendable that you initiate prevention of the growth of black mold, because once it starts forming, it may quickly contaminate other parts of your house as well.
If you inhale mycotoxins produced from mold spores, you may experience allergic reactions, cough, skin rashes, eye irritation, nausea and many other potentially life-threatening ailments.
Before you proceed to removing them off from the walls, it is advisable that you wear a respirator to protect yourself from the disturbed mold spores. Also, consider wearing eye protection gear if you are working on an affected ceiling. Do not forget to put on the gloves. You should then ensure that the surrounding surfaces and furniture is well covered with plastic or mask tape.
You may use a cup of chlorine bleach added in one gallon of water, dip a sponge into the mixture and apply it all over the moldy areas. For best results, you should leave it on the affected area for at least 10 minutes. It is a highly toxic substance, you should consider using a renowned company's cleaners rather than making one yourself at home.
Black mold removal is not safe if done the wrong way. One of the best methods of removal is through the use of fungicides and antimicrobial agents. These are perhaps the best means to remove this toxic substance off the walls. Your first step should be to locate and eliminate the source of cultivation. The main life source of them comes from moisture and humidity. You need to track these areas, especially pipe leaks, and get it fixed.
You can then use mold removal cleaners that are advocated by the EPA and scrub the affected area with these cleaners. Once you completely get rid of molds, you should then remove the materials which have been contaminated and replace them with new materials that would not allow the growth of mold.
Black mold is one of the most common fungi around the world that can easily grow indoors. It has many symptoms like memory lossFree Reprint Articles, dizziness and many others. This deadly substance needs to be eradicated out of your home before it gets too late.